Monday, April 11, 2016

On The Road Again!

Day 20:  Monday, April 11, 2016

A new day dawns in Monterey—a cloudy day, but no rain so far.  It is time to be on our way, to get back on the road again.  What highway shall I take?  There are some limitations.  If I go west I will eventually end up in the Pacific.  If I go north I may encounter weather issues and the same holds if I go directly east through the Sierras (Tahoe region).  If I go south, I will end up in Mexico.  The Southeastern direction seems to be the way to go, down through the central valley, Salinas, Gonzales, King City, to Paso Robles, then eastward on route 46 to Bakersfield and through the Tehachapi Pass and into the Mojave again.  We’ve traveled this route many times before, but the scenery still appeals.

Tomorrow, however, we will be more adventurous.  We’ll go northeast to Las Vegas and then drive along the southern boundary of Utah and into Arizona again to visit the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.  We’ve never been there!  I’m so excited to be on the road again!





No comments:

Post a Comment