Saturday, April 16, 2016

Sculptures in Stone

Day 24, Saturday, April 16, 2016
I have seen Michelangelo’s Pieta at the Vatican, the wondrous ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Rome, Leonardo DaVinci’s Last Supper in Florence, Rembrandt’s The Prodigal in St. Petersburg, and the Mona Lisa in Paris, but none of these works of art can compare to the artistry of nature demonstrated here in Monument Valley UT. As we drove into the valley yesterday, the tears flowed as I beheld these huge sculptures carved by nature’s elements over millions of years.  There is a majesty and grandeur in these monuments of stone that I cannot describe.  I am awe-struck!

Today we will take a tour of the Valley with a Navajo guide.  How I look forward to it.  There is so much to see, so many places to go, in this big wide world.  I will never see or go to all of those places, so matter how hard I try, but I shall always be grateful for this opportunity—to behold these sculptures of stone in Monument Valley and observe the work of nature’s power.


No comments:

Post a Comment