Sunday, August 11, 2019

When I Grow Up I Want to Be….

When I grow up I want to be an Enigmatologist.  Enigmatology involves “the investigation and analysis of enigmas.”  Merriam-Webster defines an enigma as (1) something hard to understand or explain, (2) an inscrutable or mysterious person, or (3) an obscure speech or writing.  What an exciting job it is going to be…when I grow up.

When I grow up and become an Enigmatologist my job will consist of investigating, interpreting and explaining the unexplainable.  My task would be, simply put, bringing light to bear on the many riddles of history, separating myth from truth and the natural from the supernatural. I would spend all my time proving or disproving, that is, finding out what is really true and what is really false.

Oh, what fun I’m going to have when I grow up and become an Enigmatologist! 






No comments:

Post a Comment