Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Last Day in Nashville (Day 5)

“Not I, nor anyone else can travel that road for you.
You must travel it by yourself.
It is not far. It is within reach.
Perhaps you have been on it since you were born, and did not know. 
Perhaps it is everywhere - on water and land” (Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass).

It has been a beautiful day here in Nashville, Tennessee, with cooler temperatures and plenty of sunshine.    The morning sunrise was magnificent.  Only one event was scheduled for today—an Elvis (impersonator) concert this evening.  The impersonator was impressive!

Unfortunately or fortunately, even with a tour of the city and dinner theater yesterday, even here in the Central Time Zone, and even going to bed later than my usual hour, I still awake early and on Eastern Standard Time!   

Tomorrow we are back on the road again, heading toward “Somewhere” Arkansas.  We hope that somewhere will be near Little Rock, but it doesn’t really matter.  


G.K. Chesterton wrote, “The traveler sees what he sees.  The tourist sees what he has come to see.”  Here in Nashville, I’ve been the tourist for the most part, seeing what I came to see.  Yet, I have tried to be the traveler too, seeing what I see.  There is a vast difference between the traveler and the tourist.
My Deck "away from home" in Nashville TN

No comments:

Post a Comment