Thursday, June 21, 2018

My Purpose Is To Inspire

A comment on one of my several Facebook posts yesterday asked if I “could be more positive and put something inspirational on Facebook.”  My posts of yesterday were in one sense, a ranting and a raving, but in another sense they really were meant to be inspirational.  If they were not then I failed in my purpose.  To inspire is to influence (the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something), to animate (bring to life), and to move the intellect and emotions of another.  

My aim, through yesterday’s posts, was to get the reader to do and to feel something about the situation on our US borders where children are being separated from their parents and placed in internment camps.  I wanted to encourage, stir up, rouse, awaken, enkindle, trigger, ignite, incentivize, induce, prompt, stimulate, motivate, cause, and energize the reader’s spirit to react to this despicable and unAmerican behavior.  To inspire, to “in-spirit,” or to "bring new life” or even a “new idea” to another person meets the meaning of inspiration.  I mean to inspire!

In spite of all the braggadocio at yesterday’s White House meeting and the signing of the Executive Order by Mr. Trump, the situation on our borders today is worse than it was yesterday.  The Executive Order continues the “zero-tolerance” directive initiated on April 6, 2018.  It will be in effect until such time as new immigration legislation is passed.  (In other words, the zero-tolerance policy is being used to force legislation).  You can check out the details of the EO for yourself at https://www.whitehouse.gov/…/affording-congress-opportunit…/.  

The New York Times reports, “There will be no grandfathering of existing cases.” There are also reports that the perpetrators of this horrific criminal action against children will not make any attempts to re-unite the families they have torn apart.


Can I inspire you (if you are a person of faith) to PRAY for the children and their parents?  Can I inspire you to VOTE?  Can I inspire you to SPEAK OUT and TELL THE TRUTH?  Can I inspire you to make use of Social Media to inspire others?  Can I inspire you to PROTEST?  My reason for writing is to inspire—to uplift, encourage, stir up, rouse, enkindle, and energize the “better angels” in our American life.  My task, while it is day,  is to call forth the better angel in myself and the better angels in others.  Always has been—always will be my number one task.  

The Yucca inspires--it is called the Candle of the Lord.
It is a'bloom.  There is hope!


No comments:

Post a Comment