Monday, January 1, 2018

“I Cannot Wish You…" A Happy New Year

According to LinkedIn, Isa Morgul lives in Belgium.  He is a Business Coach, Consultant and Trainer for Progress Academy.  He is also, as best I can determine, the author of “I Cannot Wish You…” which I want to share with you this morning.

“I cannot wish you good fortune
knowing that good fortune is what you are, while bad fortune is just a mistaken identity

I cannot wish you all the things of earth
since earth itself is yours and that is sufficient, while all the rest will never be enough

I cannot wish you the things you want to see
when much unseen is also here waiting for your denial of mind that refuses to see 

I cannot wish you strength or courage to conquer the troubles and tribulations of life
because you alone are the master of limits and imaginary lines

I cannot wish you an easy and safe path in all your ventures
safe and easy paths are unworthy of the worthy

I cannot wish you any kind of freedom you may seek
life is the proof of freedom; seeking is your prison; expectations are your guards

I cannot wish you any kind of happiness
heart is too blind to be content in the certainty of reality, excellence and immortality of things

I cannot wish you good health
the voice within asking ever provoking questions is your health; fear that silences you is your illness

I cannot wish you anything
as long as life is about being instead of having

Maybe holiday season is just not about wishes and celebration at all
maybe, just maybe, it is just a reminder about the power of state of mind

What else than state of mind can make things look beautiful when in fact they are ugly
what else than state of mind can make things look ugly when in fact they are beautiful

Let the New Year be the year in which we choose to be the masters of the mind and not its slave.”


May we, in this New Year 2018, become who
and what we are meant to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment