Monday, November 7, 2016

I’ve Got To Say It Now

Why is Hillary Clinton so vilified?  Why is she so hated?  She has never been prosecuted for any criminal activity. All that has been said about her appears to be either supposition or vague innuendo as far I can determine.  Why do people still raise the issue of “Benghazi" when the congressional committee (after months of hearings and spending millions of tax-payer dollars) did not find anything amiss?  Why the hype over the Email issue? Why the rejection of Director Comey’s findings in July?  It is too early for me to say anything about the so-called Comey “bombshell” of nine days ago, but even that does not, at this point in time, indicate any wrong-doing.

This vilification has been going on throughout her thirty years of public and political life.  Hillary Clinton has always been under attack long before Benghazi and the Email dilemma.  So what’s the problem?  

I have long argued with a friend that the issue is NOT because she is a WOMAN, but I’ve got to say it now.  It seems to boil down to that!  Can we, in this 21st century, get over that hurdle?  I sure hope so.  I hope Hillary is singing with Helen Redding every day, “I Am Woman:”

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an’ pretend
‘Cause I’ve heard it all before
And I’ve been down there on the floor
No one’s ever gonna keep me down again

O yes I am wise
But it’s wisdom born of pain
Yes, I’ve paid the price
But look how much I’ve gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong 
I am invincible
I am woman

You can bend but never break me
‘Cause it only serves to make me
More determined to achieve my final goal
And I come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
‘Cause you’ve deepened the conviction in my soul


No comments:

Post a Comment