Sunday, May 8, 2016

Behold the Morning!

“Full many a glorious morning have I seen.”  That is a bold saying.  Few men have seen many mornings.  This day when I woke I felt the peace of the morning, and knew that I seldom behold it.  (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

How many mornings have I really seen?  How many twilights and sunsets?  Not many,  and that is a terrible travesty.  We have eyes to see, but we do not look.  Not only is this true of a morning and a sunset, but of so many other commonplace happenings that are meant to be part of our living experience.
We do not look.  Our days are full of things to do, schedules and agendas to keep, our small plans and dreams to live, and we fail to see and feel what is all about us.  Nature provides instructions for our living, but since we do not look, see, and feel, we never hear the lessons meant to make life more meaningful and abundant.


I look today at the morning and I see and feel it as though for the very first time.  The “beyond within” is awakened by the Beyond that comes through the morning light and all that which I’ve thought important dwindles to unimportance.  All that I’ve thought life should be becomes insignificant in the peace of this new dawning.  How I wish now, at this stage of life, that I had looked at the many mornings that have dawned,  unnoticed, unseen, and seldom felt by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment