Thursday, January 7, 2021

We Are All Complicit in Yesterday's Insurrection

We are all responsible for what happened yesterday.  We have allowed lies to be taken as truth and allegations (without evidence) to become fact.  I listened last night to the speeches given in the hallowed halls of the Capitol after it was invaded and occupied by insurrectionists, incited by Donald Trump and his allies.  I paid attention to the representatives who voted against the voice of the majority of American voters.  I heard those on both sides of the aisle saying all manner of patriotic things.  But all that I saw and heard seemed trite and has come far too late.


What has transpired over the past five years, and what happened yesterday, was permitted and in so many ways condoned by US, not just THEM.  We allowed it by our silence.  We permitted it by our apathy.  We supported it by ignoring what was as plain as the nose on our face. I’m guilty even though I have ranted and raved in this blog about what I saw happening.  I didn’t do enough.  I’m complicit.  We all are.


Now, we want to blame everybody else but ourselves.  Now our senators and members of the House of Representatives are all worked up.  Some White House officials are resigning now.  Bill Barr (former Attorney General) speaks out this morning.  “Now” is too late!  It is interesting to note that even after yesterday, few seem to have the backbone to remove Donald Trump from office immediately.  Will he once again be “let off?” We are all complicit, and in that sense, responsible.  I cannot point my finger at any one, or any group, or any party.  I am complicit—and I believe you are too!  My only hope is that “Now” is not too late.



"Dear Lord and Father of mankind,
 forgive our foolish ways, 
reclothe us in our rightful minds..."

No comments:

Post a Comment