Monday, September 25, 2023

The Special Day Has Arrived

Katie and I were talking on the phone back in February.  She told me Elodie was wondering why her Grandad did not pick her up after school.  That was the moment I decided to make this present trip back to England—for the sole purpose of being available to pick Elodie up from school.  Today that is going to happen!

Immediately after that February telephone call with Katie, I called my brother to see if he might want to travel with me again.  He called back the next morning saying “Yes!”  And here we are!  TODAY I will pick Elodie up from school.

Photos of my great grandchildren are not posted on social media.  Last year, however, I posted a photo of Elodie’s “little Red Shoes.”  I do so again, because those little Red Shoes speak volumes… 

“In fact, the red shoes are never tired.  They dance her out into the street, they acne hr over the mountains and valleys, through fields and forests, through night and day.  Time rushes by, love rushes by, life rushes by, but the red shoes go on…”






No comments:

Post a Comment