Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Give Thanks for Everything


I’ve been cooking for a long time.  It isn’t a new thing for me.  What is “new” is cooking a meal for just me!  I’m not a big “left-overs” enthusiast so it has been difficult to cook for just “one,” and avoid eating the same meal for the next three days.  I found a solution to this problem when searching through the cupboards last year.  I found the George Foreman Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine.  My mother-in-law gave it to us years ago, but it never got much use.

The George Foreman grill is a portable electrically heated grill promoted by two-time world heavyweight boxing champion George Foreman.  Introduced in 1994, over 100 million grills have been sold nationwide.  Foreman didn’t invent the machine—he simply endorsed it.  According to some, Foreman was being paid 40 percent of the profits on each grill sold, earning him $4.5 million a month.  His estimated income from the endorsement has totaled over $200 million.  Not bad!


After finding the Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine my dilemma about cooking just for me has been resolved.  A kabob, a pork chop, a few shrimp, a piece of chicken, a steak, a hamburger, a cheese sandwich, vegetables (like asparagus),  a hotdog, etc. “for one” are easily done on the grill.  Cleaning the grill is easy because of its non-stick surface.  It takes just minutes to grill almost anything.  No leftovers. No pots and pans to wash and dry.  The Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine has been a great boon in cooking just for me.  And…if a guest shows up, I can cook enough for two!


The Apostle Paul admonishes us to “give thanks for everything.”  I’m thankful this morning for the George Foreman Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine!







No comments:

Post a Comment